
Another post about Zach! One week ago Thursday, Zach was playing with brother, sister, and cousins. As children will do, they placed him on the couch and then ran to get him a toy. Unfortunately, Zach fell off and he must've landed just right because he broke the top of his radius!
Actually, that night I took him to the doctor where they did x-rays and everything looked normal. The doctor told me that broken bones can take about a week to show up and to bring him back in a week if I didn't see improvement. Sure enough, last Wednesday (a week later!) I took him in again. This time the x-rays were obvious even to me, a fracture almost completely through his radius. The poor guy had been suffering with a broken arm for a week. I felt awful.
So now we have experienced a first for our little family, a broken bone. (I know you are dying to make a wisecrack about our last name right now. Better just get it over with.) There were no blue casts available so I picked out a lovely green. However, Zach must like red because he wouldn't let go of the red package and thus, a red cast. However, I would like to add this disclaimer: We are in no way affiliated with the U of U. After the doctor put the cast on, he said, "Now, you can't get this wet. . . Good luck with that." So I guess doctors do have a sense of humor.
The good news is that the bone wasn't displaced. The doctor said it should heal just fine and that he will get the cast off in 4 weeks. In the meantime, Zach is doing very well. He doesn't seem to mind the cast and has already learned how to get around without crawling. (See video)
Actually, that night I took him to the doctor where they did x-rays and everything looked normal. The doctor told me that broken bones can take about a week to show up and to bring him back in a week if I didn't see improvement. Sure enough, last Wednesday (a week later!) I took him in again. This time the x-rays were obvious even to me, a fracture almost completely through his radius. The poor guy had been suffering with a broken arm for a week. I felt awful.

So now we have experienced a first for our little family, a broken bone. (I know you are dying to make a wisecrack about our last name right now. Better just get it over with.) There were no blue casts available so I picked out a lovely green. However, Zach must like red because he wouldn't let go of the red package and thus, a red cast. However, I would like to add this disclaimer: We are in no way affiliated with the U of U. After the doctor put the cast on, he said, "Now, you can't get this wet. . . Good luck with that." So I guess doctors do have a sense of humor.
The good news is that the bone wasn't displaced. The doctor said it should heal just fine and that he will get the cast off in 4 weeks. In the meantime, Zach is doing very well. He doesn't seem to mind the cast and has already learned how to get around without crawling. (See video)
4 comments:
That is just too cute! Red rocks, and of course we know it is not U of U red. He is getting so blond! I miss him.
Sher
His new little crawl is so cute! Mason fell several months ago and we thought he had maybe broken his wrist. He crawled on one hand and one elbow. If it makes you feel any better, Brady broke his arm last October and we didn't know it for 2 weeks. (Bad mom, bad mom!).
Krith
Kami! I'm so glad we are finished too! Your kids are way cute. His broken arm is so sad. It makes me feel really bad.
Okay, it is time for an update! What funny thing have you done this week Kami?!!
Love ya
Melissa
Post a Comment