I have been chastised for not keeping up my blog. So here goes. So much has happened in the last couple of months so I'll just go in order.
First, Zach got his cast off and learned to walk! He only crawls to the nearest object to pull himself up and then he's off again. Yes, he still has that funny crawl even though his cast is off. He's keeping up with the other two a little better, but still gets left behind sometimes.
Then . . . I finished my ESL endorsement! Yeah! That means I only have about 4 more credits to get before I'll have a Master's equivalency. That means my district will pay be as if I have a Master's degree because I have completed enough credits, just not in one area. Also, next year I will have one ESL class to help students who speak another language learn English.
Our sad news . . . Jeremy's grandfather, Monroe Dustin, Jr., died. We have known it was coming for a while but it is still sad to see him go. In fact, Zach's middle name is Monroe after Jeremy's grandpa. He lived in Victor, Idaho as a potato and dairy farmer. He was a great man. His wife, Vera Jean, died a little over a year ago. Than means my kids have lost 4 great-grandparents in a little over a year! I remember meeting Monroe and Vera Jean for the first time. Jeremy took me to their house and proposed to me in Jackson Hole (only 30 minutes away). I bonded with "Grandma and Grandpa" instantly. They were welcoming, humble, and so kind. I will really miss them.
A final happy note . . . For my birthday (I turned 31 on Aug. 2nd, definitely NOT the happy part) I got to go to Denver. I went to see my best friend, Melissa, and her husband be sealed to their two new babies in the Denver Temple. What an amazing experience! I also got to see both babies be blessed. What adorable little babies! I miss them already. By coincidence, my sister Sheramy was in Denver that same weekend so we got together with my cousin Karin and went out to dinner and a movie. What a fabulous weekend! Where were the kids? My darling husband took all 3 camping. Just one of the million reasons I love him!
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Was nice seeing you and Sheramy.
You are officially the worst blogger in the history of bloggers!!! Just thought I would let you know. I still love you though!
Melissa
Post a Comment